What can I publish? What type of content do people want to watch?
The platform is much broader than you think, but start simple.
We welcome a wide range of health & wellness creators on the platform including athletes, trainers, yogis, nutritionists, mindfulness instructors, physical therapists, coaches, wellness professionals, influencers, etc.
Your channel and content should be a reflection of both your expertise and the “value” you can give to an audience. To get started, think about the content and programming you give to your current clients, classes, groups, etc.
There's a broad range of content you can share on your Channel and we recommend getting creative to add your personal style to each video you post. Most importantly, listen to the voice of your fans, followers, and customers. They will be able to tell you what they love and what they want to see more of on your Channel.
How do I start? Keep it simple
To get started make a list of the following:
- What do you teach people?
- What is your expertise in?
- What do you do yourself that works/creates results?
- What advice do people ask you?
- Who can you ask friends, family and social network to give you feedback on: "what should I share online?"
- Other brainstorming ideas:
- Ask people on social media and tell them to DM you. "I'm about to share my health, wellness and fitness journey with you. What would you love to see from me?"
- Email people or run a google survey
If you are a fitness trainer here are some examples of content you can share on your Channel!
- HIIT training
- Body building
- Endurance (Cycling, Running, Swimming)
- Athletics (how to do drills, sport specific or event specific conditioning)
- Performance psychology
This list is not exhaustive by any means. Just here to give you a better idea of content that you can publish using Playbook. You can also share outside information as it pertains to your area of expertise or lifestyle.
- Workout related - Stretching, mobility, recovery, etc.
- Health related - Nutrition, meditation, sleep and various wellness topics
- Psychology & wellness related - mindset, motivation, positivity, behavior change
- Other ideas - Gear, clothes, beauty, skin, lifestyle, grocery shopping list, etc.
- And so much more
Learning from your customers
We're currently living in an amazing time. Through technology like mobile apps and social media, you can now communicate with customers in seconds. It's as easy as sending an email to one of your customers, DM'ing them on Instagram, or tagging them in your Insta stories.
Having this direct access to your customers is incredibly valuable. It allows you to learn more about who your audience is, what their preferences are, what they're talking about within their community and what they'd like to see more of from you!
For instance, you can use Instagram as an outreach tool to help you improve your Channel.
Ask people on Instagram comments:
- What type of health, fitness and wellness content would you like to see from me?
- What can I improve?
- What problems would you like to solve?
- Is there anything you would like to learn more about in general?
What people love
We will talk about this more in the “Grow Your Digital” section, but for starters, people love a few things:
- They love 20-40 minute workouts they can knock out efficiently
- They don’t love watching videos longer than 30 minutes (yoga, pilates, meditation, etc.)
- They love learning about your healthy lifestyle tips in 'Insights'
- They don't love watching long videos on it (if you are posting about nutrition or another category, shorter is always better when it comes to video. Aim for <10 mins)
- They love novelty! Remember, this is why we created Playbook in the first place!
- They do not love reading a lot of text (condense your descriptions to just the essential info)
- They love engagement and personality. Lastly, people want to be motivated and given energy! Make sure you include an Intro video and share that you posted a new workout on your social media. Engage with people around your content postings!
How frequently should I publish?
- 1 time per week is good
- 2 times per week is ideal
- 3 times per week is an A+
While more content is usually better, you just have to be careful. Be sure to engage with your customers in the app and on social media about your new content.
Publishing a ton of new content could be a waste of time if your customer doesn't know it's there. Marketing through social media will be critical to your success!